Brand Design Director
Enigma is seeking a boundary-pushing, collaborative and highly experienced Brand Design Director to lead our growing Brand Team. This individual will bring the Enigma brand to life through every aspect of the business and will work in partnership with marketing and product design teams to ensure the brand is communicated thoughtfully and impactfully across mediums. From leading brand design and application across channels that range from print, to physical experiences, to owning the evolution of the Enigma website experience, the Brand Design Director will be a strategic leader and a creative lightning rod for the organization at-large. In addition to helping to lead and mentor the other designers on the team they will also work with and provide oversight to external partners. The ideal candidate has a strong design background, is self-motivated, inspirational, and maintains high personal standards with an exceptional understanding of all channels.
What you’ll do:
- Own and evolve Enigma brand standards and guidelines across all channels and formats.
- Work as a strategic and creative partner with the VP of brand to oversee conceptual development to final execution of work across web, print, experiential, video and animation, digital marketing and social content.
- Develop and fully execute campaigns to support all facets of the business, including new product launches, recruiting events, and more.
- Concept progressive, fun, and interesting creative that captivates and engages both new and existing audiences, across mediums.
- Commission and work with photographers, illustrators, designers, animators and other creative partners on projects of various scales that will support larger brand vision, voice and goals
- Collaborate with the VP of Brand on agency partnerships—guiding work and providing input at every stage, from concept through execution.
- Build strong, supportive, and constructive relationships throughout the creative team and cross-functionally.
- Present creative work passionately and persuasively to stakeholders across the organization and beyond.
- Take an active role in the professional growth of your team, ensuring they have the resources and opportunity to expand their skills.
- Attract and recruit exceptional talent to continue expanding your teams bandwidth, skill set and expertise.
What you’ll bring:
-8+ years of experience at a design or branding studio, either agency or in-house
-BA or BFA in graphic design, advertising, or a related field.
-Smart, dynamic portfolio with strengths in product storytelling, brand system implementation, layout & typography, and proven experience with creative development across multiple functions.
- Experience working with illustration, animation and data visualization as key elements of brand expression.
- Self-sufficient and able to juggle many different types of projects on different timelines, with independent time-management skills.
- Deep experience presenting work in meetings, and selling creative visions to various stakeholders, cross-functionally.
- Passion or interest about the potential of data products to solve important problems in both the public and private sectors
Enigma is a New York-based Data-as-a-Service company. We transform disparate, tabular data into rich representations of real-world relationships, providing a trusted source of intelligence about people, places and companies. From evaluating insurance risk to combating money laundering, Enigma connects and enriches clients’ internal data assets to transform their strategies and workflows. Leading organizations, including American Express, BB&T, EMD Millipore, Celgene and Merck depend on Enigma to power the daily decisions that matter.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Learn more about our ongoing commitment to Diversity & Inclusion here.