New York, NY
As a Commercial Manager at Enigma, you will be working collaboratively with a talented team to help identify ways Enigma can create value for some of the world’s preeminent companies and organizations. You will lead the delivery of solutions with top-notch execution, build and grow long-term relationships, and work closely with our product team to continually find new problems Enigma can solve in an extraordinary manner. You’ll play a direct role in helping Enigma grow into the leading data technology company.
Who You Are:
You believe in the transformative power of data and are excited by its potential to drive impactful change for the way Fortune 500 companies do business. You embrace responsibility: the bucks stops with you. You are technically-oriented, entrepreneurial, and have an intuition for business. You love business development and are known for your ability to connect with people. You are adept at putting yourself in the shoes of the buyer and the end-user, and understand how to navigate a complex organization. You are extremely attentive to detail and have successfully managed projects. You are a great listener, communicator and teammate. You are high energy and take pride in your craft.
This role blends product, consulting, account management and sales. You will act as a relationship owner with our clients, which are some of the most respected companies in the world, building critical relationships with their C-level executives and ensuring Enigma is delivering constant and unmatched value by solving some of their most pressing problems. You will have the opportunity to grow quickly within our rapidly scaling company. The position will entail sales / business development, management of large-scale technical projects, acting as the main point of contact on strategic client requests, identifying product development opportunities, negotiation, strategy, vendor management and many other aspects of being an entrepreneurial operator in a high growth company.
What We Look For:
- Bachelor’s degree, advanced technical degree or MBA is a plus
- 7+ years work experience, ideally in consulting, business development, or client-facing roles in large-scale technology deployments
- Extremely strong written and verbal interpersonal/communication skills and a capacity to engage in strategic diplomacy
- Self-starter with ability to multi-task and manage time effectively under tight deadlines
- Significant experience working with C-level executive clients
- Experience leading bounded projects to completion and familiarity with project/process management tools
- Technical experience preferred (e.g. programming, analytics—academically or on-the-job)
- Familiarity with business processes (budgets, task tracking, etc.)
- Passionate about the ability of data products to solve problems in both the public and private sectors
- Familiarity with the world of enterprise software / business intelligence tools a plus
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Enigma is a rapidly growing enterprise technology company based in the Flatiron neighborhood of New York City. We are Series B funded, partnering with some of the best investors in the world: New Enterprise Associates, Two Sigma Ventures, Comcast Ventures, Crosslink Capital, American Express Ventures, and others.
Founded in 2012, Enigma was started based on the realization that there was tremendous potential in using public data to understand how the world works, but that it was untapped because the data is highly fragmented and disconnected. Enigma set out to change that by building and organizing one of the largest collections of public data in the world, and our big coming out party was winning TechCrunch Disrupts Battlefield in 2013. Our vision has remained steadfast, we want to empower people to interpret, and improve, the world around them. However, we have expanded our ability to realize this vision by combining our massive public data repository with an ecosystem of software and tools designed to link, resolve, enhance and apply data to help global-scale companies take on some of their hardest problems, ranging from preventing money laundering to ensuring patient safety.