As a Data Scientist at Enigma, you will work on a variety of hard problems. You will partner closely with our commercial and engineering teams to identify and tackle important analytical challenges for customers in the Fortune 500 and public sector. In some projects, you will be involved in early stage ideation and the development of high-impact analyses and proofs-of-concept. In others, you will develop and validate machine learning models that form a critical part of a large-scale application. In both cases, you will be focused on using data and your analytical skill set to deliver value to end users. Example topics our data scientists have worked on include detecting money laundering at a top-five credit card issuer; defining disaster risk exposure for a top-three insurer or linking drug safety data for a major pharmaceutical company. You will join Enigma at an exciting growth stage when your contributions will impact the entire company and your professional growth will keep pace with your personal drive.
What we are looking for:
- Strong statistical skills and familiarity with machine learning techniques
- Fluency with analytical programming, including libraries for cleaning, reshaping, exploring and visualizing data (Python pref., Spark a plus)
- The ability to clearly convey complex concepts with plain language
- Demonstrated ability to produce high-quality, product-focused, scalable analysis
- Problem-solving with determination, perseverance, and grit
- Creative and versatile analytical skills
- You are motivated by working on hard problems with smart people
- Ability to prioritize
Enigma is a New York-based Data-as-a-Service company. We transform disparate, tabular data into rich representations of real-world relationships, providing a trusted source of intelligence about people, places and companies. From evaluating insurance risk to combating money laundering, Enigma connects and enriches clients’ internal data assets to transform their strategies and workflows. Leading organizations, including American Express, BB&T, EMD Millipore, Celgene and Merck depend on Enigma to power the daily decisions that matter. Enigma was the winner of TechCrunch Disrupt NY 2013 and a graduate of the 2014 FinTech Innovation Lab.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.