Director of Information Security
New York, NY
As a Director of Information Security at Enigma, you'll play an instrumental role in helping us grow into the world's leading data technology company through ensuring best practices in systems, software, people and processes in the information security function. You will understand the operational and engineering drivers of our business and products, providing hands-on implementation of and oversight for Enigma’s information security, data confidentiality, and change-management activities, and serve as a domain expert.
You believe in the transformative power of data and are excited by its potential to drive impactful change for the world’s preeminent companies and organizations. You welcome responsibility; the bucks stops with you. You have a strong background in engineering, software and systems security, and take pride in the effort to build awareness, practices and procedures for information security and change management. You love to learn, build things and create efficient processes. You are excited to roll up your sleeves, no problem is too big or too small. You place a high degree of attention to detail and are an excellent project manager. You are an exceptional listener, communicator and teammate, are high-energy and take pride in your craft.
This multi-functional role collaborates with Engineering, Commercial, Operations and Legal, touching on all areas of our security operations and compliance, including information security, change management policy and implementation, as well as customer spearheading compliance / due-diligence requirements. You will establish, administer and communicate the overall strategies and procedures for the information security function. Evaluate risk on a continual basis and promote security awareness within the organization. You will be key to ensuring the safeguarding of Enigma’s IT and production, systems and data.
More specifically, you will:
- Act as the management champion for change management and information security policies.
- Establish and maintain the change management policy, working closely with stakeholders across the company
- Plan, implement and upgrade security measures and controls for IT and production systems
- Define and lead user entitlement grants for IT and production systems
- Respond to customers compliance and due diligence questionnaires
- Lead the vulnerability and risk assessment of Enigma products
- Analyze security breaches to determine their root cause, and maintain incident-documentation
- Audit system and user activity periodically for anomalies and suspicious patterns of activity
- Recommend and install appropriate tools and countermeasures for systems and software
- Be able to create and apply risk-based security policies to balance business effectiveness with appropriate security measures
You will have lots of opportunities to grow quickly within our rapidly scaling company, demonstrating your past experience and building out valuable new skill-sets.
- 7+ years of experience in an information technology, engineering or related field
- Specialized knowledge of information security
- Past experience working in a startup or a high growth environment is a plus
- Past experience establishing information security and change management policies and practices is a plus
- Very strong written and verbal interpersonal skills, experience responding to vendor evaluation questionnaires on security and change management.
- Self-starter with the ability to multi-task, own complex projects, and handle time effectively under tight deadlines
- Passionate about the ability of data products to take on problems in both the public and private sectors
Enigma is a rapidly growing enterprise technology company based in the Flatiron neighborhood of New York City. We are Series B funded, partnering with some of the best investors in the world: New Enterprise Associates, Two Sigma Ventures, Comcast Ventures, Crosslink Capital, American Express Ventures, and others.
Founded in 2012, Enigma was started based on the realization that there was tremendous potential in using public data to understand how the world works, but that it was untapped because the data is highly fragmented and disconnected. Enigma set out to change that by building and organizing one of the largest collections of public data in the world, and our big coming out party was winning TechCrunch Disrupts Battlefield in 2013. Our vision has remained steadfast, we want to empower people to interpret, and improve, the world around them. However, we have expanded our ability to realize this vision by combining our massive public data repository with an ecosystem of software and tools designed to link, resolve, enhance and apply data to help global-scale companies pursue some of their hardest problems, ranging from preventing money laundering to ensuring patient safety.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.