Director of Strategy
As a Director of Strategy, you'll play an instrumental role in helping Enigma grow into the world’s leading data technology company through analytical research, thoughtful and pragmatic planning, and relentless hands-on execution. You will deeply understand the financial and operational drivers of the business, become a domain expert on our market and customer needs, and play a vital role in shaping the company's strategy by identifying, understanding and helping execute on new opportunities for products and growth.
The ideal candidate:
You believe in the transformative power of data and are excited by its potential to drive impactful change for the world’s preeminent companies and organizations. You embrace responsibility: the bucks stops with you. You have a deep background identifying and analyzing new business opportunities, an entrepreneur's mindset, and the ability to analytically solve complex problems. You have a deep knowledge of customer development in a B2B environment and have wrestled with finding product market fit. You have experience working in an operating environment and love to build things from scratch. You’ve been involved in an enterprise sale before, and understand the complexities involved. You are always prepared to roll up your sleeves, no problem is too big or too small. You have extremely high attention to detail and are a great project manager. You are a great listener, communicator, and a team player. You are high energy and take pride in your craft.
This role blends strategy, product, and operations. You will play an instrumental role in the company's growth by helping us move fast to capture new opportunities with the confidence of quantitative analysis, market validation, and sharp strategic rationale. You will be a critical partner to product, marketing, and sales. Projects tackled in the role will include quantitative and qualitative analysis market opportunities, hands-on product validation and testing efforts, competitive intelligence research, identification and ownership of strategic partnerships, regular strategic planning, support for investor relations, operational special projects, and more. You will work on a small and highly motivated team that spans finance, operations, strategy, and sales operations.
What we look for:
- Bachelor’s degree, entrepreneurial experience or an MBA is a plus
- 7-10 years of work experience, ideally with time in a strategy, product, or business development role in a B2B technology company
- Strong knowledge of software / SaaS business models a plus
- Significant strategic research and analysis experience, a keen understanding of how to build a compelling business case
- Practical experience testing concepts and products, validating hypotheses and informing product development
- Experience identifying, negotiating, closing and managing strategic partnerships / joint ventures
- Track record of managing complex operational projects from planning to implementation
- Familiarity with core business processes (creating budgets, sales processes, etc.)
- Experience building a corporate development pipeline and executing acquisitions a plus
- Extremely strong written and verbal communication skills, very comfortable communicating with senior executives
- Self-starter with the ability to multi-task and manage time effectively under tight deadlines
- Passionate about the ability of data products to solve problems in both the public and private sectors
Enigma is a New York-based Data-as-a-Service company. We transform disparate, tabular data into rich representations of real-world relationships, providing a trusted source of intelligence about people, places, and companies. From evaluating insurance risk to combating money laundering, Enigma connects and enriches clients’ internal data assets to transform their strategies and workflows. Leading organizations, including American Express, BB&T, EMD Millipore, Celgene and Merck depend on Enigma to power the daily decisions that matter. Enigma was the winner of TechCrunch Disrupt NY 2013 and a graduate of the 2014 FinTech Innovation Lab.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.