Diversity Developer Evangelist
As a Diversity Developer Evangelist at Enigma, you’ll work alongside a brilliant team of other curious, data-obsessed co-workers, who want to share the magic that Enigma products can bring to a customer. We build products to ingest large, diverse datasets, map them to ontologies, probabilistically identify likely connections, and then use these knowledge graphs to power applications to create transformative value - from saving lives to preventing financial crime. By applying Enigma technologies to real-world industry challenges, engineers at Enigma are responsible for enabling next-generation business processes for blue-chip clients, one workflow, process, or team at a time. Software engineers are guided by four principles: “Always be shipping,” “Customer obsession,” “Strive for perfect,” and “Think big, start small.” Ultimately, we are excited about data’s impact on the world and are looking for engineers who are curious, generous and can hustle in a fast-paced environment.
In this high-impact role, you will split your time between engineering and recruiting, contributing to two core areas that are integral to Enigma’s success. You will be empowered and supported to dedicate part-time towards increasing our diversity in technical candidates. Your success will be measured by your engineering contributions and your impact on introducing candidates into our recruiting funnel from underrepresented groups in technology. You will connect with diverse engineers and data scientists impassioned to educate them on Enigma’s mission and long-term vision. You will evangelize Enigma’s products online as well as in-person. We have ambitious hiring goals and in partnership with Recruiting, Marketing, & Leadership, you will help us recruit and drive the implementation of our D&I recruiting strategy to engage a wider and more diverse candidate pool. You are passionate to identify and build relationships with underrepresented groups in technology, sharing your excitement for the hard problems that Enigma is trying to solve. This position is essential to our success and goal of building a company whose diverse backgrounds, ideas, and goals are critical to helping us build a model of the real world.
Qualities we value:
- Enjoy learning and sharing your valuable feedback across our engineering and recruiting teams, so we can continue to iterate and improve
- Highly motivated, results-oriented, and takes pride in being a problem solver
- Passionate about evangelizing the Enigma mission and driven to refine community and diversity & inclusion recruiting efforts into the developer community through technical talks, informational sessions, & online prospecting
- Any level of engineering experience is welcome, but we look for engineers who are self-directed, seek out new responsibility, and strive for excellence
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills with the proven ability to share technical knowledge with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Strategically utilize Linkedin, online research, events, and other networking tools to engage highly passive, sought-after candidates within underrepresented groups. Be proactive about exploring alternative sourcing channels.
- Serve as an active participant across the top developer forums (HN, Reddit, StackOverflow, Mailing lists, IRC) and interact with the community, by answering questions and assisting developers
Enigma is a New York-based Data-as-a-Service company. We transform disparate, tabular data into rich representations of real-world relationships, providing a trusted source of intelligence about people, places, and companies. From evaluating insurance risk to combating money laundering, Enigma connects and enriches clients’ internal data assets to transform their strategies and workflows. Leading organizations, including PayPal, Blackrock, American Express, BB&T, Celgene and Merck depend on Enigma to power the daily decisions that matter. Enigma was the winner of TechCrunch Disrupt NY 2013 and a graduate of the 2014 FinTech Innovation Lab.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.