New York, NY
As an Engineering Manager at Enigma, you are critical for helping our engineers grow and stewarding the development and delivery of revolutionary products.
Role and Responsibilities:
Reporting directly to the Vice President of Engineering, this person will thrive in a role that combines mentorship and engineering prowess. You will lead and mentor a dynamic team charged with delivering Enigma’s Abstract product to preeminent clients while continuing to innovate it’s features. As a leader you will help set realistic and ambitious goals, ensure sound planning for their execution, and take personal responsibility for their achievement. A technical background is required as this role will be best suited for a technical engineering leader.
- You have led an engineering team, including coordinating the requirements of the product with complex timelines, and owning the plans for their execution.
- You enjoy working closely with clients, delivering on product implementations and gathering product feedback.
- You relish being a coach and leader, delivering consistent and thoughtful feedback.
- You have a passion for collaboratively solving complex problems.
- You rigorously set objectives and measure results.
- You love to get your hands dirty.
- 3+ years of technology management experience.
- Significant previous hands-on technical experience, ideally in areas relevant to data storage technology and infrastructure.
- Well attuned to current technical practices, and pragmatic when making decisions about adoption of tools and technologies.
- Previous client-facing experience a plus.
Enigma is a rapidly growing enterprise technology company based in the Flatiron neighborhood of New York City. We are Series B funded, partnering with some of the best investors in the world: New Enterprise Associates, Two Sigma Ventures, Comcast Ventures, Crosslink Capital, American Express Ventures, and others.
Founded in 2012, Enigma was started based on the realization that there was tremendous potential in using public data to understand how the world works, but that it was untapped because the data is highly fragmented and disconnected. Enigma set out to change that by building and organizing one of the largest collections of public data in the world, and our big coming out party was winning TechCrunch Disrupts Battlefield in 2013. Our vision has remained steadfast, we want to empower people to interpret, and improve, the world around them. However, we have expanded our ability to realize this vision by combining our massive public data repository with an ecosystem of software and tools designed to link, resolve, enhance and apply data to help global-scale companies take on some of their hardest problems, ranging from preventing money laundering to ensuring patient safety.