Executive Assistant to the CEO
As the Assistant to the CEO, you will be responsible for ensuring that Enigma’s CEO has the space and mindshare to focus on the highest priority work at any given time. This will include a balance of typical EA responsibilities like screening correspondence, managing schedules, making travel arrangements, etc., along with both higher-order work like handling highly sensitive information with diplomacy as well as some personal tasks to ensure optimal time with his family. You will be in a highly visible position across Enigma, and likely to interact with our customers, potential customers, and members of the Board of Directors and executive team. You will report to the CEO.
What you’ll do:
- Ensure that our CEO is where he needs to be, when he needs to be there.
- Proactively manage calendars for the CEO to optimize and prioritize.
- Arrange meetings, calls, events, and travel. Set and test everything out in advance to ensure a seamless experience.
- Make sure that the CEO is up-to-date on his team-wide communications and internal responsibilities.
- Screen, prioritize, and (when needed) respond to incoming correspondence with impeccable grammar and tone.
- Develop a ‘system’ (e.g., email folders, prioritized color-coding) that enables the CEO to focus his time on activities that only he can do.
- Perform admin tasks such as completing expense forms, proofreading, preparing meeting materials and being a go-to source for important reminders.
- Accurately represent the CEO’s point of view when discussing matters with internal employees and he cannot be present.
- Maintain a high degree of professionalism and confidentiality when handling sensitive corporate or personal matters.
- Collaborate with his team and fellow execs to make sure everyone is on the same page, and working towards the same goal(s).
- Manage external relationships.
- Represent the company with poise and professionalism, when interacting with external persons.
- Be a point-person during company events, handling ad hoc issues as they arise.
- Handle calls with customers, candidates, etc., with diplomacy and patience.
- Being a trusted advisor to the CEO
- Ensuring confidentiality with sensitive matters, both from a personal and professional context
- Helping the CEO balance personal and professional priorities
- Help keep track of CEO’s corporate receipts and assist him with expensing some of his receipts using Abacus, on a monthly basis
- Willing to complete tasks that bleed into the CEO’s personal life
- Handle special projects, as needed.
Who you are:
- Holds a bachelor's degree
- Reliably stays on top of multiple, perpetually evolving projects with keen detail orientation.
- Exhibits a contagious calm under pressure; exudes positivity.
- Known among friends and family for organizational skills.
- Track record of success in a fast-paced environment.
- Never misses a deadline or drops a ball.
- Stays ahead of the problem, is proactive at following up.
- Demonstrates executive-level written and verbal communication skills; poised when interfacing with execs/Board of Directors.
- Possesses advanced GSuite skills including Gmail, GCal, GoogleDocs.
- Past EA experience working for an extremely busy executive a plus but not required.
- Familiarity with booking travel, scheduling apps and software
Enigma is a rapidly growing enterprise technology company based in the Flatiron neighborhood of New York City. We are Series B funded, partnering with some of the best investors in the world: New Enterprise Associates, Two Sigma Ventures, Comcast Ventures, Crosslink Capital, American Express Ventures, and others.
Founded in 2012, Enigma was started based on the realization that there was tremendous potential in using public data to understand how the world works, but that it was untapped because the data is highly fragmented and disconnected. Enigma set out to change that by building and organizing one of the largest collections of public data in the world, and our big coming out party was winning TechCrunch Disrupts Battlefield in 2013. Our vision has remained steadfast, we want to empower people to interpret, and improve, the world around them. However, we have expanded our ability to realize this vision by combining our massive public data repository with an ecosystem of software and tools designed to link, resolve, enhance and apply data to help global-scale companies take on some of their hardest problems, ranging from preventing money laundering to ensuring patient safety.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status.