FP&A Senior Associate
As an FP&A Senior Associate at Enigma, you'll play an instrumental role in helping Enigma grow into the world’s leading data technology company through strategic thinking, resourcefulness, creativity, and commitment to execution. You will understand the financial and operational drivers of our business at a granular level, providing critical support spanning all areas of the business by taking on a wide range of strategic financial and analytical projects.
You believe in the transformative power of data and are excited by its potential to drive impactful change for the way Fortune 500 companies do business. You embrace responsibility: the buck stops with you. You have strong financial modeling skills, high attention to detail, and an operator’s mindset. You understand the business of enterprise software and/or data services, their key performance metrics, and how each team contributes to its success. You love breaking down complexity. You are analytical, creative, curious, and resourceful. You are always prepared to roll up your sleeves, no problem is too big or too small. You are an extraordinary listener, communicator, teammate, and, most importantly, take pride in your craft.
The role and opportunity:
Working within the finance, strategy and operations team, this role will lead the financial and operational analytics efforts that guide better decision making across our fast growing business. One of the most important aspects of this role is ownership of Enigma’s core operating model, which is used to guide our annual plan, performance management and strategic decision making. We are a fast growing company with a big vision and many potential opportunities. You will play a critical role in helping guide leadership’s decisions by deeply understanding and modeling the quantitative and qualitative aspects of various company initiatives. In addition, you will be asked to continue building out our internal KPI measurement and reporting infrastructure, providing cross-functional leaders with clarity and insights through your analysis and observations.
More specifically, you will work on:
- Building and updating budgets and forecasts in a detailed 3-statement financial model
- Owning Enigma’s company-wide KPI process, performing variance analysis for reporting to management and investors
- Ad-hoc strategic finance projects such as budgeting a new office or making critical build vs. buy decisions
- Supporting corporate development and future capital raising efforts
This is a newly created FP&A role at Enigma, so you will have the opportunity to shape Enigma’s best practices for its FP&A function from the outset. You will have lots of opportunities to grow quickly within our rapidly scaling company, demonstrating your past experience and building out valuable new skill-sets.
- 3-5 years of financial analysis / FP&A experience, ideally in a comparable role within a technology company, TMT / B2B-focused investment banking, VC or PE firm.
- High level of proficiency in Excel modeling with hands-on experience building detailed, bottoms-up operating models and forecasts.
- Strong understanding of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and financial concepts.
- Knowledge of B2B software / SaaS business models and operations a major plus.
- Strong analytical skills with demonstrated ability to collect, manipulate, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information to a wide range of audiences.
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills, with a track record of delivering on time-sensitive projects for senior stakeholders.
- Consistent track record of owning finance projects from ideation to completion.
- Creative thinker with the ability to work independently and collaboratively, multi-task and manage time effectively under tight deadlines.
- Passionate about the ability of data products to solve problems in both the public and private sectors.
Enigma is a New York-based Data-as-a-Service company. We transform disparate, tabular data into rich representations of real-world relationships, providing a trusted source of intelligence about people, places, and companies. From evaluating insurance risk to combating money laundering, Enigma connects and enriches clients’ internal data assets to transform their strategies and workflows. Leading organizations, including American Express, BB&T, EMD Millipore, Celgene and Merck depend on Enigma to power the daily decisions that matter. Enigma was the winner of TechCrunch Disrupt NY 2013 and a graduate of the 2014 FinTech Innovation Lab.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.