New York, NY
Who We’re Looking For
As a Marketing Manager joining our fast-paced Marketing team, you play a major role in developing brand awareness in key channels for both our enterprise and community audiences.
Your responsibilities include building out a holistic events strategy that positions Enigma as a forward-thinking startup in front of target audiences, creates opportunities for us to develop and nurture new commercial connections, and grows awareness of our free community platform Enigma Public amongst data scientists and journalists. Your event work will combine planning high-caliber enterprise conference experiences with coordinating engaging events for our Public user community.
You will also further establish Enigma’s brand presence across our different social channels. As one of Enigma’s chief storytellers, you will propose and create compelling content campaigns and share key brand messages, product developments, client stories, and more. You will design a comprehensive and cohesive social media strategy that supports broader marketing goals, both aligning to our enterprise business needs and engaging with our Public community base.
Whether it’s sponsoring a commercially-critical conference, putting together a new LinkedIn campaign, or building out a partnerships strategy to grow our Public community, your creativity is matched only by your exceptional organizational and communication abilities.
- Own Enigma’s enterprise events and sponsorships strategy including pre-event research, planning, and communications, onsite coordination, and post-event reporting.
- Design and manage Enigma’s social presence across various channels, including developing and executing on a content calendar that aligns with key marketing objectives.
- Identify and build partnerships and strategic opportunities for Enigma Public with relevant programs, boot camps, and educational institutions.
- Connect and grow the Enigma Public community through organizing and attending meetups, hackathons, student meetings, conferences, and other events.
- Foster excitement and awareness around Enigma Public through publishing content across a variety of channels.
- Develop, track, and communicate KPIs for all events and social media initiatives.
- Build brand awareness for Enigma’s robust engineering program through social content and strategic event sponsorship and speaking opportunities.
- Support Marketing team members in additional areas such as collateral creation.
- Experience in marketing or community management, preferably for a B2B technology brand
- A proven track record in planning and coordinating exceptional offline and online events
- Experience in social media strategy and content creation
- Excellent storyteller - unmatched writing and editing capabilities, with data or technology writing experience a plus
- Ability to acquire fluency in complex concepts or technologies
- Exceptional communication, project management, and prioritization skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and commitment to hospitality
- Self-starter with a positive attitude - no job is too big or too small
- Passion for public data, data science, engineering, data visualization, or data journalism a plus
- BA/BS or equivalent working experience
- Generosity, curiosity, and hustle (our values)
Enigma is a rapidly growing enterprise technology company based in the Flatiron neighborhood of New York City. We are Series B funded, partnering with some of the best investors in the world: New Enterprise Associates, Two Sigma Ventures, Comcast Ventures, Crosslink Capital, American Express Ventures, and others.
Founded in 2012, Enigma was started based on the realization that there was tremendous potential in using public data to understand how the world works, but that it was untapped because the data is highly fragmented and disconnected. Enigma set out to change that by building and organizing one of the largest collections of public data in the world, and our big coming out party was winning TechCrunch Disrupt Battlefield in 2013. Our vision has remained steadfast, we want to empower people to interpret, and improve, the world around them. However, we have expanded our ability to realize this vision by combining our massive public data repository with an ecosystem of software and tools designed to link, resolve, enhance and apply data to help global-scale companies take on some of their hardest problems, ranging from preventing money laundering to ensuring patient safety.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.