New York, NY
As a Sales Director at Enigma, you'll be responsible for driving the strategy for identifying, cultivating, and forging new client relationships with the world’s preeminent companies and organizations. In this dynamic role, you will be opening up strategic dialogues with Fortune 500 executives and leading hedge funds around their key business priorities, particularly as they pertain to data, and working closely with their executives as a trusted advisor to identify how Enigma’s unique data and technology can address their pressing challenges and deliver value. Ultimately your success will be measured by your ability to close large and complex enterprise deals with some of the most preeminent organizations in the world, adding to the stable of Fortune 500 companies and leading hedge funds Enigma already counts among our clients.
About you: You believe in the transformative power of data and are excited by its potential to drive impactful change. You embrace responsibility: the bucks stops with you. You love sales and have a track record of performance. You are consultative in your commercial approach. You are entrepreneurial, resourceful, and self-motivated, able to execute autonomously and at a high-level without directions and resources being served up on a silver platter. You have top-notch business sense and communications skills such that you are highly credible with senior executives at large organizations. You are adept at putting yourself in the shoes of the buyer and the end-user, and understand how to execute on proposal development, negotiation strategy, and deal economics. You have extremely high attention to detail and project management skills. You are a great listener, communicator and teammate. You are high energy and take pride in your craft.
The role: You will become asked to become a domain expert in areas ranging from alternative data use in quantitative investing to pharmaceutical safety. You will resourcefully network and forge relationships with industry leaders, building Enigma’s reputation, developing smart proposals that get to the heart of value delivery, designing detailed client engagement programs, leading complex negotiations, and closing millions of dollars in large enterprise sales, building true partnerships with our clients. You will also work closely with our product team to continually identify new problems Enigma can solve in a world-class manner. You will play a critical role in helping Enigma grow into the leading data technology company.
The ideal candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree, advanced technical degree or MBA is a plus
- 7+ years work experience, with past success in sales or business development, ideally in startup or growth-stage companies
- Prior experience closing large (high six and seven-figures) and complex sales or strategic partnerships, ideally with Fortune 1000 companies
- Strong understanding of and passion for how enterprises can use data to operate more intelligently and efficiently, with significant technical acumen
- Experience selling complex products / enterprise software
- Experience with the data operations of companies in financial services, life sciences, manufacturing, insurance and hedge funds a major plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter with ability to multitask and manage time effectively under tight deadlines
- True entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to operate successfully in a growth company environment
- Significant experience working directly with C-level executives
- Generosity, curiosity and hustle (our values)
Enigma is a rapidly growing enterprise technology company based in the Flatiron neighborhood of New York City. We are Series B funded, partnering with some of the best investors in the world: New Enterprise Associates, Two Sigma Ventures, Comcast Ventures, Crosslink Capital, American Express Ventures, and others.
Founded in 2012, Enigma was started based on the realization that there was tremendous potential in using public data to understand how the world works, but that it was untapped because the data is highly fragmented and disconnected. Enigma set out to change that by building and organizing one of the largest collections of public data in the world, and our big coming out party was winning TechCrunch Disrupts Battlefield in 2013. Our vision has remained steadfast, we want to empower people to interpret, and improve, the world around them. However, we have expanded our ability to realize this vision by combining our massive public data repository with an ecosystem of software and tools designed to link, resolve, enhance and apply data to help global-scale companies take on some of their hardest problems, ranging from preventing money laundering to ensuring patient safety.