Senior Commercial Manager
At Enigma, a Senior Commercial Manager plays a critical role in client achievement, revenue growth, and long-term product strategy. They work collaboratively with a talented team to help identify ways Enigma can create value for some of the world’s preeminent companies and organizations. You will lead the delivery of solutions with top-notch execution, cultivate long-term executive relationships, champion business development opportunities, and work closely with our product team to continually find new problems Enigma can solve in an extraordinary manner. You’ll play a direct role in helping Enigma grow into the leading data technology company.
Who You Are:
You believe in the transformative power of data and are excited by its potential to drive impactful change for the way Fortune 500 companies do business. You embrace responsibility: the bucks stops with you. You are technically-oriented, entrepreneurial, and have an intuition for business. You love business development and are known for your ability to connect with people. You are adept at putting yourself in the shoes of the buyer and the end-user, and understand how to navigate a complex organization. You are extremely attentive to detail and have successfully managed complex deal negotiations. You are a great listener, communicator, and teammate. You are high energy and take pride in your craft.
This role blends consulting, business development, relationship management, and sales. You will act as the relationship owner with our most strategic clients, which are some of the most respected companies in the world, building critical relationships with their C-level executives and ensuring Enigma is delivering constant and unmatched value by solving some of their most pressing problems. As a Senior Commercial Manager, you will be one of the most entrepreneurial operators at Enigma, identifying sales and business development opportunities, strategizing on long-term product initiatives, and navigating multimillion-dollar deals.
What We Look For:
- Bachelor’s degree, advanced technical degree or MBA is a plus
- 10+ years work experience, ideally in consulting, business development, or client-facing roles in large-scale technology deployments
- Extremely strong written and verbal interpersonal/communication skills and a capacity to engage in strategic diplomacy
- Significant experience working with C-level executive clients
- Expertise with complex deal structuring and contract negotiation
- Experience leading bounded projects to completion and familiarity with project/process management tools
- Self-starter with ability to multi-task and manage time effectively under tight deadlines
- Familiarity with business processes (budgets, task tracking, etc.)
- Familiarity with the world of enterprise software/business intelligence tools a plus
Enigma is a New York-based Data-as-a-Service company. We transform disparate, tabular data into rich representations of real-world relationships, providing a trusted source of intelligence about people, places and companies. From evaluating insurance risk to combating money laundering, Enigma connects and enriches clients’ internal data assets to transform their strategies and workflows. Leading organizations, including American Express, BB&T, EMD Millipore, Celgene and Merck depend on Enigma to power the daily decisions that matter. Enigma was the winner of TechCrunch Disrupt NY 2013 and a graduate of the 2014 FinTech Innovation Lab.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.