Senior Manager of Strategy and Development
As a Senior Manager of Strategy and Development at Enigma, you'll play an instrumental role in helping Enigma grow into the world’s leading data technology company through analytical research, thoughtful and pragmatic planning, and relentless hands-on execution. You will deeply understand the financial and operational drivers of the business, become a domain expert on our market, and play a vital role in shaping the company's strategy and operations.
The ideal candidate:
You believe in the transformative power of data and are excited by its potential to drive impactful change for the world’s preeminent companies and organizations. You embrace responsibility: the bucks stops with you. You have a deep background identifying and analyzing new business opportunities, an entrepreneur's mindset, and the ability to analytically solve complex problems. You have closed major deals or managed strategic partnerships. You have experience working in an operating environment and love to build things from scratch. You are always prepared to roll up your sleeves, no problem is too big or too small. You have extremely high attention to detail and are a great project manager. You are a great listener, communicator and team player. You are high energy and take pride in your craft.
This role blends strategy, product, business development, and operations. You will play an instrumental role in the company's growth by helping us move fast to capture new opportunities with the confidence of quantitative analysis, market validation and sharp strategic rationale. You will be a critical partner to product, marketing and sales. Projects tackled in the role will include quantitative and qualitative analysis market opportunities, hands-on product validation and testing efforts, competitive intelligence research, identification and ownership of strategic partnerships, regular strategic planning, support for investor relations, operational special projects, and more. You will work on a small and highly motivated team that spans finance, operations, strategy and sales operations.
What we look for:
- Bachelor’s degree, entrepreneurial experience or an MBA is a plus
- 7-10 years of work experience, ideally with time in a strategy, product, or business development role in a B2B technology company
- Strong knowledge of software / SaaS business models a plus
- Significant strategic research and analysis experience, keen understanding of how to build a compelling business case
- Practical experience testing concepts and products, validating hypotheses and informing product development
- Experience identifying, negotiating, closing and managing strategic partnerships / joint ventures
- Track record of managing complex operational projects from planning to implementation
- Familiarity with core business processes (creating budgets, sales processes, etc.)
- Experience building a corporate development pipeline and executing acquisitions a plus
- Extremely strong written and verbal communication skills, very comfortable communicating with senior executives
- Self-starter with the ability to multi-task and manage time effectively under tight deadlines
- Passionate about the ability of data products to solve problems in both the public and private sectors
Limitless opportunities are unlocked with connected data. Enigma links the data you have with the data you don’t know you’re missing, creating intelligence assets that drive competitive advantage. We power the daily decisions that matter for tomorrow's Fortune 500 companies.
Founded in 2011, Enigma grew out of an effort to retrieve, normalize, and host public data. Today we power the daily decisions that make or break a business through our powerful technology and our vast data assets for clients that include American Express, Merck and ADP.
Our rapidly growing team is based in the Flatiron neighborhood of New York City. We are Series B funded startup backed by an amazing roster of investors including NEA, Two Sigma Ventures, American Express Ventures, and Crosslink Capital.
Fun fact, our big coming out party was winning TechCrunch Disrupt's 2013 Battlefield.