Senior Product Designer
Our Design team crafts delightful experiences that make data users lives easier. We're a close-knit, collaborative group, guided by a highly iterative user-centered design process. Combining research, data, and thoughtful critique, we're discovering needs and solving fundamental problems that impact our clients.
Experience Design is at the forefront of everything you do, and you believe in the transformative power of data and are excited by its potential to drive impactful change for the world’s preeminent companies and organizations. We are looking for a highly skilled designer in fundamental visual and interaction design principles for our ecosystem of data products. You’ll rely on user-centered design principles to produce high-quality visuals — from concept to execution — across many of our products. Like all of our UX/UI jobs, you’ll collaborate with your fellow designers to constantly refine the Enigma design language and create innovative, sophisticated-looking products that clients love to use. In a Product Designer role, you’ll take on complex tasks and transform them into intuitive, accessible and easy-to-use designs for clients around the world—from the first-time user to the sophisticated expert.
This role will work across the lineup of products to design and test UI components common to multiple applications. The intent is to enable a more familiar cross-application experience for our clients and define modern solutions that can adapt to modular systems and interaction models. We are seeking a holistic designer who can identify businesses and their users' needs, determine possible solutions, gather feedback from multiple sources and ultimately provide detailed implementation direction.
The ability to effectively collaborate with multiple contributors and stakeholders is a key to success in this position. Enigma’s in-house team that works directly with executives, product managers, and engineers to bring great products to life.
- You have held a product design role for at least 5+ years at a software company, and additional 7+ UI and UX experience.
- An understanding of what makes an experience good or bad is critical. You can think through user problems, find reasonable solutions, mock them up in detail, and work with product team to rapidly validate them.
- Willing to define and navigate ambiguity and look for opportunities to solve problems in unusual and innovative ways.
- We love making things beautiful and hope you feel the same. You have a deep understanding of composition, balance, symmetry, and whitespace and you have a highly refined aesthetic sense and can both work within and expand the Enigma style.
- Strong knowledge of UX principles and best practices, including understanding when and where user testing and research should be incorporated into the product design process.
- You understand the technical limitations and liberties behind your decisions and have enough knowledge and communicate your ideas to engineers.
- Support development teams throughout the implementation cycle.
- Experience with rapid digital prototyping methods and processes and design thinking methodologies.
- Ability to accept and design against feedback from colleagues in a rapid iterative design process, and effectively produce multiple highly polished and professional finished works under a tight timeline, deep believe in inclusive and co-creation processes.
- Passion about the potential of data products to solve important problems in both the public and private sectors.
- Experience designing for B2B, SaaS or BI tools a plus.
- An inherent generosity, strong intellectual curiosity, and hustle.
- Well versed as an infographic design and data visualizations.
Enigma is a New York-based Data-as-a-Service company. We transform disparate, tabular data into rich representations of real-world relationships, providing a trusted source of intelligence about people, places and companies. From evaluating insurance risk to combating money laundering, Enigma connects and enriches clients’ internal data assets to transform their strategies and workflows. Leading organizations, including American Express, BB&T, EMD Millipore, Celgene and Merck depend on Enigma to power the daily decisions that matter. Enigma was the winner of TechCrunch Disrupt NY 2013 and a graduate of the 2014 FinTech Innovation Lab.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.