Site Reliability Engineer, Developer Tools
At Enigma we are passionate about public data and building beautiful tools to wrangle it and make it more accessible to people. As a Site Reliability Engineer at Enigma you will be working to improve the reliability and performance of our applications by developing tools to increase the capabilities of our engineering teams. You will work shoulder-to-shoulder with them to design and architect the next generation of data driven applications and systems infrastructure, focusing on automation, availability, security and performance.
What You Will Do:
- Build the tools used by Enigma’s various teams
- Deploy and handle monitoring and diagnostic applications
- Participate in 24/7 On-Call Rotation
- Profile and repair network, and application issues
- Maintain and improve a Hybrid Cloud / Hardware environment.
- Build platform agnostic automation framework
- Be creative; build services that we might not know we need
What we’re looking for:
- Experience with Unix systems administration including solid scripting skills in Ruby, Go or Python
- Experience with AWS and all of their product offerings
- Expertise in troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems
- Smart, low ego, and willingness to learn and teach
- Experience with container technologies such as Docker, with a comprehensive understanding of CGroups, Namespaces and Linux system calls.
- A sense of ownership, initiative, and drive
- Appreciation for security, encryption, alerting, logging and auditing
Enigma is a New York-based Data-as-a-Service company. We transform disparate, tabular data into rich representations of real-world relationships, providing a trusted source of intelligence about people, places and companies. From evaluating insurance risk to combating money laundering, Enigma connects and enriches clients’ internal data assets to transform their strategies and workflows. Leading organizations, including American Express, BB&T, EMD Millipore, Celgene and Merck depend on Enigma to power the daily decisions that matter. Enigma was the winner of TechCrunch Disrupt NY 2013 and a graduate of the 2014 FinTech Innovation Lab.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.