Software Engineer, Infrastructure
As a Software Engineer at Enigma, you’ll work alongside a brilliant team of other curious, data-obsessed co-workers, who want to share the magic that Enigma products can bring to a customer. We build products to ingest large, diverse datasets, map them to ontologies, probabilistically identify likely connections, and then use these knowledge graphs to power applications to create transformative value - from saving lives to preventing financial crime. By applying Enigma technologies to real-world industry challenges, engineers at Enigma are responsible for enabling next-generation business processes for blue chip clients, one workflow, process, or team at a time. Software engineers are guided by four principles: “Always be shipping,” “Customer obsession,” “Strive for perfect,” and “Think big, start small.” Ultimately, we are excited about data’s impact on the world and are looking for engineers who are curious, generous and can hustle in a fast-paced environment.
What You Will Do:
- Build the tools used by Enigma’s various teams and platforms
- Help smooth out and standardize our release engineering tools
- Deploy and handle monitoring and diagnostic of applications
- Troubleshoot and fix infrastructure and application specific issues
- Maintain and improve existing infrastructure automation
- Build platform agnostic automation framework
- Be creative; build services that we might not know we need
What we’re looking for:
- Excellent engineering problem solving skills
- 5+ years of experience as a software engineer, working with different programming languages and paradigms.
- Experience working with Linux/Unix systems, including solid scripting skills in Bash, Ruby, Go or Python
- Good understanding of distributed systems, Linux internals and networking
- Familiar working with AWS or GCP and their product offerings
- Experience orchestrating containers using K8S, Nomad, Mesos or similar tools.
- Experience troubleshooting complex distributed systems
- Passionate about automation
- Smart, low ego, and willingness to learn and teach
- A sense of ownership, initiative, and drive
- Appreciation for security, encryption, alerting, logging and auditing
Enigma is a New York-based Data-as-a-Service company. We transform disparate, tabular data into rich representations of real-world relationships, providing a trusted source of intelligence about people, places and companies. From evaluating insurance risk to combating money laundering, Enigma connects and enriches clients’ internal data assets to transform their strategies and workflows. Leading organizations, including American Express, BB&T, EMD Millipore, Celgene and Merck depend on Enigma to power the daily decisions that matter. Enigma was the winner of TechCrunch Disrupt NY 2013 and a graduate of the 2014 FinTech Innovation Lab.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.