Software Engineer, Infrastructure
As a Software Engineer at Enigma, you’ll work alongside a brilliant team of other curious, data-obsessed co-workers, who want to share the magic that Enigma products can bring to a customer. We build products to ingest large, diverse datasets, map them to ontologies, probabilistically identify likely connections, and then use these knowledge graphs to power applications to create transformative value - from saving lives to preventing financial crime. By applying Enigma technologies to real-world industry challenges, engineers at Enigma are responsible for enabling next-generation business processes for blue chip clients, one workflow, process, or team at a time. Software engineers are guided by four principles: “Always be shipping,” “Customer obsession,” “Strive for perfect,” and “Think big, start small.” Ultimately, we are excited about data’s impact on the world and are looking for engineers who are curious, generous and can hustle in a fast-paced environment.
What You Will Do:
- Build the tools used by Enigma’s various teams and platforms
- Help smooth out and standardize our release engineering tools
- Deploy and handle monitoring and diagnostic of applications
- Troubleshoot and fix infrastructure and application specific issues
- Maintain and improve existing infrastructure automation
- Build platform agnostic automation framework
- Be creative; build services that we might not know we need
What we’re looking for:
- Excellent engineering problem solving skills
- 5+ years of experience as a software engineer, working with different programming languages and paradigms.
- Experience working with Linux/Unix systems, including solid scripting skills in Bash, Ruby, Go or Python
- Good understanding of distributed systems, Linux internals and networking
- Familiar working with AWS or GCP and their product offerings
- Experience orchestrating containers using K8S, Nomad, Mesos or similar tools.
- Experience troubleshooting complex distributed systems
- Passionate about automation
- Smart, low ego, and willingness to learn and teach
- A sense of ownership, initiative, and drive
- Appreciation for security, encryption, alerting, logging and auditing
Enigma is a rapidly growing enterprise technology company based in the Flatiron neighborhood of New York City. We are Series B funded, partnering with some of the best investors in the world: New Enterprise Associates, Two Sigma Ventures, Comcast Ventures, Crosslink Capital, American Express Ventures, and others.
Founded in 2012, Enigma was started based on the realization that there was tremendous potential in using public data to understand how the world works, but that it was untapped because the data is highly fragmented and disconnected. Enigma set out to change that by building and organizing one of the largest collections of public data in the world, and our big coming out party was winning TechCrunch Disrupts Battlefield in 2013. Our vision has remained steadfast, we want to empower people to interpret, and improve, the world around them. However, we have expanded our ability to realize this vision by combining our massive public data repository with an ecosystem of software and tools designed to link, resolve, enhance and apply data to help global-scale companies take on some of their hardest problems, ranging from preventing money laundering to ensuring patient safety. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.