Software Engineer, Spark
Enigma ingests, transforms, enriches and connects data from all over the world. We build the platforms and tools that allow Enigma to handle and link this large and varied data, resulting in unique, high-impact products that are opening whole new markets for our clients. Our work requires a combination of engineering knowledge, a desire to learn and understand modern machine learning techniques and an appreciation of the ability of data to empower people and businesses.
You will utilize your engineering experience and knowledge alongside other specialists in order to build state of the art systems for knowledge graph generation. You’ll have the chance to use your creativity to help craft technology to solve real-world data challenges as you work collaboratively with highly skilled and passionate people to design these systems, as well as continually learning and improving your skills.
While you are excited by groundbreaking methods, your fascination with these technologies does not distract you from straightforward solutions when applicable. Not least, you share our enthusiasm for using data to support better decisions.
Qualities we value:
- Treatment of code as a craft; problem-solving with determination, perseverance and grit
- Highly motivated, results-oriented, and take pride in being a problem solver
- Self-starter with ability to multi-task, manage time effectively and continuously learn
- Motivated by working on hard problems with smart people
- Enjoy learning and sharing your valuable feedback across our engineering teams, so we can continue to iterate and improve
- Deep understanding of the Apache Spark
- Proficiency in Scala and Python
- Machine learning principles and/or experience working with semi-structured data
- Experience with entity resolution techniques is desirable
Enigma is a New York-based Data-as-a-Service company. We transform disparate, tabular data into rich representations of real-world relationships, providing a trusted source of intelligence about people, places and companies. From evaluating insurance risk to combating money laundering, Enigma connects and enriches clients’ internal data assets to transform their strategies and workflows. Leading organizations, including American Express, BB&T, EMD Millipore, Celgene and Merck depend on Enigma to power the daily decisions that matter. Enigma was the winner of TechCrunch Disrupt NY 2013 and a graduate of the 2014 FinTech Innovation Lab.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.