Software Engineer, Test
As a Software Engineer in Test at Enigma, you will work closely with product and development teams to drive testing and automation efforts for the tools that we build for aggregating, linking and deriving insights from data. Combining that with the largest collection of public data in the world that we've built over the past 4 years, we help Fortune 500 companies, government, and others use public and private data together to address large-scale challenges, ranging from ensuring drugs are safe to investigating money laundering.
- Work closely with product and development teams to understand requirements and technical specifications
- Create test plans, test cases, and automation for new features and enhancements to existing features
- Plan, design and implement automation frameworks for various applications from frontend to backend
- Setup and monitor continuous integration for build, deploy and automated tests
- Work with support and implementation team to investigate production support issues and perform root cause analysis
- 5+ years of direct experience with automation testing. Preferably experience with testing at different levels (unit, functional, integration, system load and performance testing)
- Proficiency in the use of Python and Selenium Webdriver
- Experience with database systems
- Strong knowledge of Agile Development, Continuous Integration
- Working knowledge of linux and bash scripting
- Experience with object-oriented design principles
- Good written and oral communication and organizational skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or engineering
Enigma is a rapidly growing enterprise technology company based in the Flatiron neighborhood of New York City. We are Series B funded, partnering with some of the best investors in the world: New Enterprise Associates, Two Sigma Ventures, Comcast Ventures, Crosslink Capital, American Express Ventures, and others.
Founded in 2012, Enigma was started based on the realization that there was tremendous potential in using public data to understand how the world works, but that it was untapped because the data is highly fragmented and disconnected. Enigma set out to change that by building and organizing one of the largest collections of public data in the world, and our big coming out party was winning TechCrunch Disrupts Battlefield in 2013. Our vision has remained steadfast, we want to empower people to interpret, and improve, the world around them. However, we have expanded our ability to realize this vision by combining our massive public data repository with an ecosystem of software and tools designed to link, resolve, enhance and apply data to help global-scale companies take on some of their hardest problems, ranging from preventing money laundering to ensuring patient safety.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.