Technical Product Manager
As Technical Product Manager you will work to define and coordinate the efforts of multiple engineering teams contributing to Enigma’s Linking Platform - an internal product used to generate knowledge graphs based 100s of disparate sources of data.
The Ideal Candidate:
You believe in the transformative power of data and are excited by its potential to drive impactful change for the world’s preeminent companies and organizations. You have a strong technical background, an entrepreneurial spirit, and a customer-first mindset. You take pride in your ability to connect with people and solve complex problems through new product development. You know the satisfaction of seeing a complex technical product work and getting a cross-functional team to click and that gets you up each morning. You do everything in your power to remove the roadblocks for your team members
Enigma has the ambitious goal of building a platform which can link 1000s of data sources and expose them to be leveraged in our many vertical-specific offerings. Building this requires the coordination of many teams who’s problems span from ETL, to machine learning. As the technical product manager, your role will be to ensure these teams are building toward a powerful long-term vision for this platform while balancing the short priorities of the business.
- Working closely with engineering teams, product managers and data scientists to get high-quality products and features through the software project lifecycle (build, test and release on time).
- Managing project schedules, identifying possible issues and clearly communicating them to project stakeholders.
- Taking responsibility for release schedules and milestones, and keeping up a high velocity in a fast-paced environment.
- Championing the investments that deliver the most return, and owning all partner-communication on state and progress.
What We Look For:
- BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, related fields or equivalent practical experience.
- Familiarity with big data and distributed systems.
- Experience as software engineer or significant time building software products.
- Experience with data products or products with a heavy ML/AI components.
- Experience coordinating multiple engineering teams to release highly-technical software products.
- Charisma. You inspire others to exceed expectations.
- Active listening and a desire to help in any way possible.
- You embody our values of generosity, curiosity, and hustle.
Enigma is a rapidly growing enterprise technology company based in the Flatiron neighborhood of New York City. We are Series B funded, partnering with some of the best investors in the world: New Enterprise Associates, Two Sigma Ventures, Comcast Ventures, Crosslink Capital, American Express Ventures, and others.
Founded in 2012, Enigma was started based on the realization that there was tremendous potential in using public data to understand how the world works, but that it was untapped because the data is highly fragmented and disconnected.
Enigma set out to change that by building and organizing one of the largest collections of public data in the world, and our big coming out party was winning TechCrunch Disrupts Battlefield in 2013. Our vision has remained steadfast, we want to empower people to interpret, and improve, the world around them. However, we have expanded our ability to realize this vision by combining our massive public data repository with an ecosystem of software and tools designed to link, resolve, enhance and apply data to help global-scale companies take on some of their hardest problems, ranging from preventing money laundering to ensuring patient safety.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.