New York, NY
As a Developer Writer at Enigma, you will craft developer and customer facing software documentation to be used by our Engineering, Product, and Commercial teams when developing highly customized software for our enterprise clients. You will have engaging writing skills appropriate for client facing material, high attention to detail, efficiency in authoring content tailored towards technical and non-technical users, and the ability to work in a highly iterative environment, both independently and harmoniously as part of a team.
You believe in the transformative power of data and are excited by its potential to drive impactful change for the world’s preeminent companies and organizations. You have a strong level of technical and software documentation skills and can write in a user friendly manner. You love stepping into the shoes of our users, thinking strategically about how they use our products, and crafting concise and engaging material that provides the user with a pleasurable learning experience.
Strong technical skills and excellent communication skills are a requirement for this role. You will act as a crucial conduit between our commercial, product and engineering teams, to ensure that our documentation is as strong as our products. Ease of use and a high degree of functionality are the driving efforts for how we are crafting our product stack, and you’ll be critical in conveying both of these traits to users.
- Work within the engineering team to document new features, products, APIs, and deployment scenarios
- Write and maintain product documentation, developer guides, and deployment information
- Build, test, and validate code samples, use cases, and tutorials
- Review and edit documentation from engineers and others throughout the company
- Experience crafting developer-focused software documentation
- Able to read, understand, and communicate the function of code
- Proficient with HTTP and RESTful web services
- Experience with Git/GitHub
- Proficient in Python
- Comfortable authoring in HTML and Markdown
- Able to work from the command line
- Familiar with at least one major style guide
- Experience handling a developer-facing website built using auto doc generation tools is a major plus. Background in Computer Science an advantage.
- You will be asked to submit samples of content published for a developer audience demonstrating good technical writing principles.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Enigma is a rapidly growing enterprise technology company based in the Flatiron neighborhood of New York City. We are Series B funded, partnering with some of the best investors in the world: New Enterprise Associates, Two Sigma Ventures, Comcast Ventures, Crosslink Capital, American Express Ventures, and others.
Founded in 2012, Enigma was started based on the realization that there was tremendous potential in using public data to understand how the world works, but that it was untapped because the data is highly fragmented and disconnected. Enigma set out to change that by building and organizing one of the largest collections of public data in the world, and our big coming out party was winning TechCrunch Disrupts Battlefield in 2013. Our vision has remained steadfast, we want to empower people to interpret, and improve, the world around them. However, we have expanded our ability to realize this vision by combining our massive public data repository with an ecosystem of software and tools designed to link, resolve, enhance and apply data to help global-scale companies take on some of their hardest problems, ranging from preventing money laundering to ensuring patient safety.