We welcome you to Enigma in a spirit of generosity, curiosity and respect. Enigma is committed to providing a friendly, safe and welcoming environment for all guests, including event attendees, sponsors, volunteers, speakers, media, vendors and others.
This Code of Conduct outlines our expectations of guests who attend our events and/or visit our space. We ask everyone who visits Enigma to help create a safe and inviting environment for all people.
At an Enigma event, we expect that you will:
- Be considerate and respectful.
- Respect the boundaries of others.
- Respect confidentiality requests by speakers and other guests.
- Look out for one another.
Enigma prohibits all forms of unlawful discrimination and harassment at our events and in our space, which includes discrimination and harassment on the basis of actual or perceived race, religion, color, sex, pregnancy, national origin, citizenship status, uniform member or veteran status, age, genetic information or characteristics, disability, domestic partner or civil union status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, medical status, creed, marital status, domestic violence or stalking victim status, or any other category protected by applicable state or federal law.
Among the behaviors we consider unacceptable at Enigma:
- Sexual harassment of any kind, including unwelcome sexual attention and inappropriate physical contact.
- Homophobia, racism or behavior that discriminates against a group or class of people.
- Being disruptive, drinking excessively, stalking, following or threatening anyone.
- Invasion of privacy, including taking photos (or requesting selfies) of people you don't know, except at the request of authorized Enigma staff.
- Aggressively pushing your own services, products or causes without invitation by Enigma and/or in a manner unrelated to the theme of the event.
Consequences of Unacceptable Behavior
Unacceptable behavior by guests will not be tolerated. Anyone asked to stop unacceptable behavior by Enigma staff or another guest is expected to comply immediately, or will be asked to leave the premises.
Complaint Handling Process
If you are subject to unacceptable behavior, notice that someone else is being subject to unacceptable behavior or have concerns that this Code of Conduct is not being followed, please notify a senior Enigma employee as soon as possible. All reports will remain completely confidential. Enigma staff will remove the person from the event and, if requested, we will make every attempt to follow up with individuals who report being harassed.
If you would prefer to submit a complaint anonymously, you may use our name-optional reporting form to let Enigma know immediately. Share as much information as you can to help us make a thorough investigation of the onsite incident.
Proprietary and Confidential Information
We ask that all guests respect any requests to maintain the proprietary or confidential status of information presented or shared at our events, unless specifically directed otherwise.